Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

Yes Sir, That's My Baby!

I will tell you right now, I despise when I discover I am out of the loop on something.  And not just about any something but the somethings I love the most like glitter, pink candy and children's books (to name just a few).

Well, I am just going to have to forgive myself this time as I just discovered the Baby Lit series by Jennifer Adams and Alison Oliver. Now, if you already know about these impossibly cute board books then I ask you, why didn't you tell ME??

If you don't know, then you have just made me feel sooo much better and because of that,I am going to share my findings with you!

Here are hands down the most darling edition to any library you ever did see! Baby Lit is the newest (and fashionable) way to introduce your child to the world of classic literature.


Little Master Shakespeare  Series with Romeo and Juliet
Now, don't worry, there is no tragedy in this adaption just darling illustrations and a very clever concept for a counting book!

Then there is Little Miss Austen Series with Pride &Prejudice


Equally as cheeky and beautifully illustrated with "9 fancy ball gowns" and so forth.

Now, I will tell you they have gotten some criticism for" dumbing down classics for children "but I have to totally disagree. Really they are just great fun and more for the reader than the audience . Honestly, it is a refreshing change from counting farm animals and would make the very best new baby gift don't you think? Even for your Book Worm Bestie!




Little Master Carrol Series Alice in Wonderland and Little Miss Bronte Series Jane Eyre coming in March. Can't wait to add to my new collection!

I linked all of these books to Amazon but as always I suggest requesting them at your local bookstore. My two favorites are Books and Cookies and The Dinosaur Farm.

xoxo Queen Laura


No comments:

Post a Comment